Exchange users dealing with data loss has an option as OST file to fetch data from. However, OST file accessibility completely depends on balance of OST file integrity and availability of MS Exchange account. These varied reasons bring about the need for more prominent solution to either make OST accessible or recover data from OST file to another file which can be accessed. OST to PST Converter can be a wise solution to face such situation and this product is devised with multiple features and benefits. This review will help you to go through software tool’s working and features.
Technical Specifications Of OST to PST Converter:
- Prime Function: Tool recovers data from Exchange OST file which is orphan, inaccessible or corrupted and saves it in another PST file which can be accessed in MS Outlook.
- Platform Compatibility: Software is completely a Windows product but works for entire range of versions including Windows 8.1.
- Product Availability: Available as executable file which can be downloaded from site. The downloaded software comes as a demo version which needs to be activated later as full version.
- Product Pricing: $49 (For individual license)
- Latest Version: OST to PST Converter 4.5 with advance set of features.
- Pre-requisites: Outlook application of any version is highly required
- System Requirement: 1 GHz Processor, 512 MB RAM, and 20 MB Free Disk Space
- Outcome Accuracy: 98 %
- Processing Speed: Moderate
Get More Information Visit : http://www.ost-to-pst.com
Step-wise Working of Software
Installation is easy and can be done without any technical expertise. Once installed, software needs to be launched. When software is executed, window like below will be displayed. Click on Add File option available in the left-most corner.
This will pop up another small window to provide path of OST file. Click on Browse option and provide the path here. Then click on Add file to finally add up OST file to the software. Also check the option of Advance scan if the file is has severe corruption in it.
Once the scanning is done, a message is displayed and the OST file is loaded to the software. File contents are displayed on the software.
- Left Preview: This shows the list of folders and contents of loaded OST file. You can select any particular folder and preview its whole content in right preview (2).
- Right Preview: This enlists the entire content of folders chosen in left pane in same sequence it existed in OST file. You can select particular email item to view its internal content in Normal Mail View (3).
- Normal Mail View: This shows a normal preview of the selected email in right pane. It will show the contents of selected email with message body and other Meta Data.
- Attachment View: Email attachments can be viewed in this option (4). Preview for view-able attachments is shown here like documents, PDF files, images, etc.
After this you can either select particular emails or folders to make Selective Data Migration or you can directly hit Export option. As you click on Export, another window with Export options will open up with following options;
- Export Medium: Select the file format to which the conversion of OST data has to be made amongst; PST, EML and MSG file formats.
- Mail Filter: Provide the range of dates in To and From options and the data belonging to dates cominng between this range will only get exported.
- PST Split: This is an exclusive option which divides the converted PST file as per the size mentioned by user. It is very helpful for future data management in PST file.
- Destination: Provide the location to save the converted file. After providing all these details, click on Export option.
Pros vs. Cons
- Wide range of email files mediums to which conversion can be done. EML, PST and MSG covers wide variety of email clients like; Thunderbird, MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail, etc.
- Advance scanning mode for severely corrupted Exchange OST file. It also recovers permanently deleted email data and this benefits users a lot who have lost crucial data in deletion.
- Selective data can be exported, using checking/unchecking option and Mail Filters as well. Other advance features like; Split PST, support for orphan, inaccessible, and corrupted OST files are also efficient.
- Software usage is restricted to Windows Operating Systems only.
- Tool forgoes conversion of contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, while converting OST data to EML file format as only emails are converted and there is no separate option for contacts, tasks, etc.
- No option to work on multiple OST files in batch. The recovery and conversion has to be done on OST files one by one only.
Of course the tool outdoes in results defeating all the cons and the result you get with OST Recover is commendable. Software is no doubt a professional choice and can be well recommended for enterprise and organizational level. Overall performance of software with dignified accuracy and precision is spellbound and is worth for such a little investment. My rating for this product is 4.8/5 with an assurance that software is perfect for OST troubleshooting.